THE completion of the last phase of Reading's Chatham Place development - on hold since 2008 - could also revive controversial plans to cover the IDR.
FOR Sonia Fulcher, looking after children has always been a huge part of her life, but she never really understood the importance of helping troubled youngsters until she took them under her own roof.
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital following a collision in Swallowfield.
- Protest at decision delay
- Man in serious condition after assault in Reading
- Reading Children's festival returns today
- Weekend (May 31-June 3) closure of Cow Lane warning
- Boat blaze in Sulhamstead
- 'We were wrong'
- PCC defends travel expenses
- Last chance for Network Rail apprentices
- Reading Chronicle doughnut champions!
- Berkshire's fomer high sheriff backs prisoner rehabilitation
- 'Flintstones' robot at RBH
Firefighters tackled a series of bin fires around the Coley area of Reading in the early hours of this morning.
THE Bank Holiday began with a bang in Woodley when a much needed bar finally opened its doors. Bosco Lounge in the precinct celebrated its grand opening with a party for 250 people from across the town on Friday.
FUNNY really how Dave's 'rebels' still haven't twigged that in that curious fork-tongued way he has of never actually doing very much about anything, their mini-insurrection's already destined for the long grass.
READING FC Player of the Season Adam Le Fondre is confident he can nudge the magical 30 goal mark in the Championship next season.
"It's not that I'm a racist or anything" said the taxi driver as I pulled away from the station. "It's just not fair that they come over 'ere and ruin our country". "Pardon, err, what, pardon, who are we talking about now, I'm lost sorry" I stammered back to him, before changing my mind and drifting off eagerly wanting to avoid this monotonous drivel.
- Colder Than Here explores the struggle to accept death
- Restaurant reviews: The Three Tuns, Slough
- Folk performer Bob Fox brings his Just An Old Warhorse show to Nettlebed
- Some Like It Hotter set to dazzle at Windsor Theatre Royal
- Theatre reviewed: The Sainsbury Singers' Jekyll & Hyde
- VIDEO: Slough Philharmonic Orchestra rehearse The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace