READING FC Women cruised into their first ever Continental Cup quarter final on a night they set a new attendance record.

A crowd of 2,248 saw Kelly Chambers' Royals thump Bees 4-0, with all of the goals coming in a lively second half.

It was the highest attendance for a women's match this season, topping the previous best of 2,116 for a Women's Super League 1 clash between Chelsea and Liverpool in October.

Reading, who were playing their first fixture at Madejski Stadium in more than a year, have won all three games in the competition and now top their group ahead of Arsenal.

And they are certain of a place in the quarter finals with two games remaining as they cannot be caught by third-placed Millwall, who they face in their last group match.

Royals had to be patient last night as they found Bees in stubborn mood during a goalless first half.

Chambers' side did create some openings as Kirsty Linnett fired into the side netting after being set up by Fara Williams.

Remi Allen also saw a 30-yard rocket fly narrowly over the crossbar, but the hosts had failed to trouble Bees keeper Nicola Hobbs.  

And they could have fallen behind themselves when Paula Howells found Lucy Loomes, but Royals keeper Grace Maloney made a vital save.

Reading regrouped at the interval, but the frustration continued when Hobbs stood strong in a one-on-one with Brooke Chaplen after Allen had put her through early in the season half.

However, the hosts finally broke the deadlock in the 57th minute thanks to captain Kirsty Pearce, who flicked a Williams free-kick into the far corner.

The home side doubled their lead just three minutes later when Chaplen rose highest and nodded past Hobbs after Furness had headed a Jo Potter centre across the area.

It took a while for the goal to be awarded while Furness was treated on the pitch following a clash of heads in the build up.

Williams was next to go close for Royals, but Hobbs made a smart save at full stretch.

Yet there was little Hobbs could do to keep out a stunning strike from substitute Rachel Rowe in the 75th minute, with Lauren Bruton claiming the assist.

And Chambers' side put the icing on the cake with a fourth goal in the 90th minute when Tamsin de Bunsen pulled the ball back for Furness, who tucked her first-time effort into the bottom corner.

The victory ended an excellent week for Reading FC Women who became the first team to take points off and score against Chelsea in WSL1 this season after a 2-2 draw at Adams Park last weekend.

Reading FC Women: Moloney, Jane, Green (Rowe 64), Van den Berg, Pearce, Allen, Potter, Williams, Furness, Chaplen (De Bunsen 79), Linnett (Bruton 61). Subs not used: Earps, Scott, Clifford. Booked: Furness 50.

London Bees: Hobbs, Weston, Fogarty (Rolandsen 65), Toussaint, Lea, Lane, Loomes (Clark 76), Howells, Beckett, Anderson (Lalani 78), O'Leary. Subs not used: Fisher.

Referee: Sarah Garrett.

Attendance: 2,248.