REVENGE was sweet for 116 Exiles as they avenged their Premier Division defeat of seven days before with a 2-0 home win against 10-man Woodley United, writes Richard Ashton.

The visitors threatened well in the first half with man-of-the-match Brodie Davies posing a dangerous threat on the left wing, but Woodley failed to make their chances count.

United conceded after 58 minutes when a corner from the right was nodded down and just crept in at the right post past keeper Jon Norris.

Woodley rarely threatened in the second half and were crest-fallen when a harsh penalty was awarded against Harvey Detenon, who received his marching orders before the penalty was converted.

Down to 10 men, the visitors lost their shape and failed to make any impact on the Exiles goal.

Table-toppers Eldon Celtic continued their fine form with a 4-1 victory at Tilehurst YM, while second-placed Athletico Forest won by the same margin at Richfield Rovers Reserves.

Southcote Colts A drew 0-0 at fourth-placed Le Galaxy, who sit one point and one place below them in fourth, albeit with four games in hand.

Reading Irish stay top of the Senior Division after The Tilehurst Club conceded their game, while reigning champions Dee Road Rangers remain five points behind in second following a 4-3 home win against basement boys Ghana Stars.

Woodley Wanderers edged their mid-table battle at Purley 2-0.

In Division One, S.C. United picked up just a second win of the season as they stunned AFC Burghfield Reserves 6-3, Caversham AFC squeezed past Imaan FC 3-2, and Woolhampton CFC drew 1-1 with Woodley Wanderers Reserves.

Loxwood edged out Southbank 2-1 as they bounced back from last week’s hammering at the hands of Division Two leaders Sportsman.

After conceding three in the first 15 minutes against Southbank before hitting back to win 4-3 in their previous meeting, Loxwood shut up shop early on in the return.

After a goalless first half, Jamie Turner gave Loxwood the lead early in the second half and after Southbank had equalised, man-of-the-match Callum Finlay nodded home the winner in the last 10 minutes to clinch a 2-1 success.

Second-placed Coley Park were beaten 3-1 by Tilehurst Club Reserves, Maiden Place overcame Berkshire Rovers by the same margin, Forest FC edged out Arborfield 3-2 and Park Villa downed 116 Exiles Reserves 4-2.

Mortimer Reserves hammered AFC Lowfield Green 5-1 in Division Three, FC Showcase defeated Loddon Valley Rangers 2-0 and AFC Pangbourne beat Toga Sports 3-2.

In Division Four, Six Bells narrowly overcame Calcot Royals 2-1.

Fox & Hounds crushed Sanctuary Strikers 6-2, New England edged out Shinfield Rangers 1-0 and Shinfield Park United battered Burghfield Reserves 6-1.

Emmer Green advanced in the Tilehurst Charity Cup with a 7-3 destruction of Richfield Rovers, and they will be joined by AFC Burghfield, who smashed Polonia Reading 6-3.

The Bull progressed in the Industrial Cup with a 3-2 extra-time victory at Brimpton Athletic.

In the Berks & Bucks Junior Trophy, Whitley Athletic won a thriller 6-4 at Englefield, Sportsman beat Tilehurst Club A 2-0, Delta Vigo knocked out Borussia Teeth 2-0 and Southcote Colts progressed with a 4-3 penalty shoot-out win at Thames Athletic following a 2-2 draw.

Twyford Comets are also into the last 16 following their 6-5 spot-kick victory against Barton Rovers, the two sides having drawn 3-3 in normal time, and Theale also went through after a comfortable 3-0 success at Silver Birch.