In a tight affair, where the teams were tied on seven occasions, the Rockets' defence held supreme in the final quarter to restrict Thames Valley Cavaliers to just nine points and take the win 93-83.

Rockets captain Lewis Champion stroked the Rockets' first treble as Christian Alexander does what he does best, score inside with a brace of moves before Champion sunk his second treble.

But the Cavaliers kept coming, levelling the game twice in the opening exchanges at 10 and 12 points respectively.

A Mitch Clarke drive, coupled with a Taylan Rowe point from the free throw line, saw the Rockets edge the first quarter 19-18.

A 20 points each second period saw the Rockets still ahead at the interval 40-39 after a 6-0 Rockets run was crushed by a 14-0 Cavaliers run.

Zack Powell finished off the glass before he stroked a glorious downtown treble as Finleigh Porter had a good first half with 12 points and it was ‘game on’.

The third quarter was the highest scoring as Rockets took it by 32-20.

Isaac Round showed his skills with a fine shot coupled with a superb drive whilst Powell made a steal and slam before hitting a treble and followed that up with a pair of tip dunks.

A buzzer-beating treble from Clarke gave the Rockets a 13-point advantage going into the final period at 72-59.

Cavaliers started the fourth quarter on a high as they went on a 16-2 run to take the lead at 75-74. The home supporters now had reason to hope for a win but, the Rockets stepped up again, tightened their defence and stroked the shots from inside and outside the ark as Powell sunk a brace of trebles and Round hit one from out wide, to regain control of the contest at 88- 76 with just under 90 seconds remaining.

Porter made a slam dunk and both sides hit trebles, leaving the Rockets undefeated after the opening two games of the campaign as they took the victory 93-83.

The Rockets now look ahead to this Sunday when they welcome the Loughborough Riders to Loddon Valley Leisure Centre on Sunday, October 29.