WOODLEY United manager Jon Laugharne stepped down following his side’s 6-1 Division One East defeat at home to Wokingham & Emmbrook on Saturday.

With Sumas coming into the game on a high, the last thing the hosts wanted was to get off to a bad start, but that is just what happened with Jake White giving the visitors the lead with barely a minute played.

Showing increased confidence and moving the ball sweetly around, Wokingham doubled their lead through influential midfielder Elliott Rushforth after 14 minutes, with White netting again on the half-hour mark.

Woodley’s best effort at goal in the first half came when Toby Briggs forced keeper Sean Woodward into making a decent save.

But Adam Thompson, at the other end, was much the busier of the two goalies and he did well to deny White scoring again just before half-time.

The in-form White didn’t have to wait long before completing his hat-trick, as he pounced on a loose ball to make it 4-0 five minutes into the second half.

But it was United’s Sam Wood who bagged the best individual goal of the game, hammering home an unstoppable shot from nearly 25 yards on the hour mark.

It didn’t take long for the Sumas to regain their four-goal advantage through Adam Edwards, with fellow substitute Luke Scope going on to complete the scoring.

White and Rushforth, each with two, had also netted against Langley on Tuesday last week with Joe Cummuskey and Ellis Day adding one apiece.

Woodley United host Wallingford Town on Monday night (7.45pm).

Goals from Jerome Coultress, Davelinio Markus and Lemar Maycock earned AFC Aldermaston a 3-2 victory at home to Penn & Tylers Green, Dean Allen and James Hancock netting for the visitors.

The Atom Men visit unbeaten table-toppers Risborough Rangers on Saturday (3pm).

Reading City are up to fifth in the Premier Division after picking up four points from two games.

On Saturday, Dan Davies and Fergus Burton strikes put the Citizens 2-0 up, only for Tuffley Rovers to hit back and secure a 2-2 draw thanks to goals from Mark Pritchett and substitute Joseph Shutt.

City produced an excellent display on Monday night, beating third-placed Brackley Town Saints 3-1.

A Ryan Knight penalty put the visitors in front on 35 minutes, but Adam Cashin-Murray levelled matters on the stroke of half-time.

Sam Tucker’s first goal since joining the club put the hosts in front in the 65th minute, and they rounded off the win when Sam Bell fired home as the clock wound down.

Reading City visit Shrivenham on Saturday (3pm).