READING City bowed out of the FA Cup following a 3-0 defeat at Moneyfields on Saturday.

But despite playing with 10 men for much of the second half they gave their Southern League rivals plenty of anxious moments and this preliminary round tie was in the balance until the Portsmouth club scored two late goals.

City, forced to concede ground advantage due to Rivermoor Stadium being used for Reading Festival purposes, looked comfortable in the first half, but with half-time approaching, they found themselves trailing.

Keeper Charlie York did well to turn the ball away, only for Lewis Fennimore to regain possession and cross for Ryan Pennery to turn into the net.

Reading's hopes of getting back on level terms suffered a blow early in the second half when Austin Best was sent off following a second yellow card, but they kept battling away and only the post denied them an equaliser, while Khalid Simmo squandered a good chance.

With less than five minutes left on the clock, only one goal was still separating the sides.

However the tie ended badly for City when Lamin Jatta doubled the lead after Pennery's shot had come back off the woodwork, and shortly afterwards Pennery scored his second and Moneyfields' third.

City manager Simon Johnson admitted Moneyfields were "well worth their victory", while assistant Sam Woodruff added: "We are very proud of the boys. After the sending off we never gave up and battled to the end."

Wooldey United suffered a disappointing 3-0 defeat at Didcot Town Development in their Division One East clash on Bank Holiday Monday.

Bradley Walton, Daryl Harris and Ross MacDonald got the goals for the hosts.

Woodley United visit Malmesbury Victoria in the FA Vase on Saturday (3pm), before visiting AFC Aldermaston next Tuesday (7.45pm).

AFC Aldermaston drew 2-2 at Abingdon United as they continue to improve following a poor start to the season.

Charlie Bateman's goal saw the hosts lead at half-time, but the Atom Men equalised through Bouziane Yusri on 50 minutes from a chance created by Ryan Adams and Luke Williams.

Adams put them ahead in the 65th minute, but shortly afterwards Sean Saxty gave away a penalty, enabling Sam Wharton to level things up from the spot.