WOODLEY United picked up a first Hellenic League Division One East victory of the season with a pulsating 4-3 win at home to new boys Marlow United on Tuesday night.

Chris Hurst put the visitors in front on 10 minutes, only for Teddy Thomas to level shortly after.

Max Laschok put the Kestrels in front in the 22nd minute, but Jean Claude-Etienne headed home for United and Charlie Bull then ensured they went into the half-time interval with a 3-2 advantage.

The second half proved a more tepid affair, but Woodley levelled matters in the 72nd minute when Freddie Barron earned a penalty which was coolly dispatched by man-of-the-match Jon Malone.

And they grabbed a dramatic late winner in the 90th minute when Joe Sissons headed home a corner from substitute Dave Stevens to score his maiden first-team goal and send the home supporters away happy.

The Kestrels had earlier opened their campaign with a 2-1 reverse at home to Abingdon Town on Saturday.

Rhys Kilbane gave the visitors a 14th-minute lead, only for Laschok to equalise with the last kick of the opening half.

However, it took just seven minutes of the second period for Josh Browne to put Abingdon back in front, and they held on to take all three points back to Oxfordshire.

Woodley United host Windsor in the Challenge Cup on Saturday (3pm), then visit Abingdon United in the league on Tuesday (7.45).

AFC Aldermaston's difficult start to the season continued with a brace of defeats.

Adam Edwards and Jake White netted for Wokingham & Emmbrook in their 2-0 win at Lowther Road on Friday night – a game played in front of a bumper crowd of 183 as Sumas returned home to play under their new floodlights for the first time.

Gary Smith scored a 60th-minute equaliser for the Atom Men, but they went down 2-1 to Holyport on Tuesday, Fabian Driffill and Steve Deverall with the goals.

AFC Aldermaston visit Hazlemere Sports in the Challenge Cup on Saturday (3pm), before hosting Abingdon Town in the league next Tuesday (7.45pm).