THREE set-piece goals helped Woodcote Stoke Row overcome hosts Wokingham & Emmbrook Reserves 3-1 in their Premier Division clash, writes Richard Ashton.

The visitors took the lead on 30 minutes when they were awarded a free-kick just outside the box, Frank Dillon firing home a low left-footed shot into the corner of the net.

Early in the second-half, Wokingham equalised.

Woodcote committed too many men in attack and a long ball out of defence enabled Josh Harris to race clear and beat the advancing Jamie Froude in the Woodcote goal.

Ten minutes later, Woodcote restored their lead when Dillon’s dangerous free-kick was headed in by an under-pressure defender for an own goal.

As the game entered its final stages, WSR launched an attack which should have resulted in a goal, but somehow the Wokingham keeper made four great saves in quick succession, finally pushing the ball round for a corner.

Shortly afterwards the scoring was completed and, as with the other goals, it resulted from a free-kick. On this occasion, Sam Tucker was the scorer. His free-kick eluded everyone and went straight in to make the final score 3-1.

In the last minute, Cote’s Donal Roughneen was shown a red card for a second bookable offence.

Jermaine Gumbs and Doug Crosbourne got the goals for Wraysbury Village as they drew 2-2 with Richings Park, while Westwood United overcame Reading City U23 4-2.

Russell Benham and Dan Langford both scored four as Division One table-toppers Newbury obliterated White Eagles 13-0.

Grant Kemp, Dan Donegan, Carl Self, Terry Patton and James O’Doherty completed the rout as Newbury made it seven wins from seven.

Replacement Nathan Horder grabbed a double as Maidenhead Town beat Rotherfield United 4-2.

Bliss Dideola and Alan Adams got the other goals for the home side.

In Division Two, Steve Newell netted for Maidenhead Town Reserves, but they went down 2-1 at AFC Corinthians.

Harchester Hawks picked up three points with a hard-fought 3-2 victory at Wargrave.

A Gabriel Pinto double helped Hambleden maintain their Division Three title hopes with a 4-2 home success against Goring United Reserves.

Nick Ellis and Ben Rackshaw also got their names on the scoresheet as Hambleden closed to within two points of leaders Berks County Reserves, Patrick Dyer netting both times for the away side.

Woodley United A won 4-3 at Maidenhead Town A.

Michael Abule, Hayden Smirthwaite and Seamus Stapleton scored for Taplow United Reserves, but it was not enough as they lost 5-3 at Harchester Hawks Development in Division Four.

Westwood United A cruised past AFC Corinthians A 4-0.

A Nile O’Meally-Newell brace and goals from Chris Hurst and Alan McKie helped Marlow United knock Mortimer out of the Reading Senior Cup 4-1, substitute Paul Massaquoi getting the hosts’ consolation.

In the Junior Cup, Finchampstead smashed Marlow United Reserves 9-0, while Chalvey Sports A eliminated Henley Town 4-0 from the Jubilee Cup.

Aqeel Butt scored four times as FC Imaan Lions crushed Eldon Celtic 7-2 in the Berkshire Trophy Centre Senior Cup, Aadil Ashgar, Kamran Khan and Sabil Ashgar also on the scoresheet for the home side.