HIGHMOOR Ibis player-manager Marcus Richardson admitted he was left “embarrassed” following his side’s 6-0 hiding at Flackwell Heath on Tuesday, writes Dave Wright.

And he accused some of his team of lacking desire.

“We have players capable of winning games, but I didn’t see enough passion from them tonight. They were just not fighting enough for each other,” said Richardson (pictured).

“When we played Bracknell last week we showed passion and wanted it more, but it was not the same here although there were a few changes to my team.

“This was one of the most embarrassing results I have had in football and I was a bit ashamed to be part of it.”

The 3-0 half-time scoreline didn’t quite reflect the amount of possession Highmoor had, but their finishing was not in the same league as the Heathens.

With strikers Devontae Romeo and Mitchell Parker both out injured, Richardson brought in the much-travelled Marcus Mealing on a dual registration from Marlow, although he is also attached to Chertsey in the Combined Counties League.

He was involved in most of their early attacks, but his new side struggled to create any real scoring opportunities.

The game, played in persistent rain, was fairly even up until Flackwell’s opening goal in the 25th minute when Francis Amartey’s cross from the left was turned home by Sheridan Campbell.

An unmarked Jamie Essex doubled his side’s lead in the 38th minute and three minutes later Liam Tack netted from the penalty spot after the referee had spotted an infringement in the area, with Devonn Reid getting a yellow card.

Just 34 seconds into the second half it was 4-0 with Essex turning in a cross from Usman Lalustani, who got on the scoresheet himself five minutes later with a neat lob over advancing keeper Aaron Watkins.

On 70 minutes Alfie Grant brought down Essex and Dean Allen scored the sixth goal to complete a good night for Flackwell, who return to the top of the table.

Missed chances had cost Highmoor last Saturday when they lost 1-0 at Abingdon United in the FA Vase, Graham Edney scoring the only goal in the 15th minute following a defensive error.

Parker, who rolled his ankle in the 2-2 draw with Bracknell last week, hopes to return for this Saturday’s game with Royal Wootton Bassett at Rivermoor Stadium.

Highmoor are also due to play current unbeaten United Counties League leaders Newport Pagnell in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup at home on Monday (7.45pm), although it is subject to confirmation.

  • AFC Aldermaston were dumped out of the FA Vase at the first hurdle after losing 3-2 at home to Romsey Town.

The visitors went 2-0 up inside 20 minutes before Dan Alliston pulled a goal back early in the second half.

Romsey made it 3-1 before Alliston’s second gave the Atom Men hope, but they could not find an equaliser.

AFC Aldermaston visit Wallingford Town in the Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy on Saturday (3pm).