A local community gastropub has been reopened after a fire broke out in an outhouse beside the main building.

On April 9, residents were woken by the smell of smoke surrounding The Bull Inn.

Emergency services worked hard for three hours in the early hours to extinguish the fire in the outhouse. Damage was caused to both the building and the patio area which had recently been refurbished.

The pub, located in Arborfield Cross, reopened on Wednesday, April 17 after scaffolding was erected to repair the burnt barn and damaged patio area.

The owners of the pub thanked the community for their support during the difficult time.

They said on social media: “Come down to enjoy a delicious meal or pop in for a pint or two.”

Scaffolding has been spotted around the burnt structure as work gets underway to repair the building.