No one was injured after a fire broke out in the George pub in Reading.

The fire started in a ground floor kitchen on January 21 which took firefighters an hour and a half to secure.

The venue thanked Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service after their efforts allowed the pub to reopen for drinks the next day.

Read more: Reading buses issue update on masks as Government scraps plan B restrictions

“Thank you to the firefighters who came to our rescue yesterday lunch, we are able to open our doors today for drinks.

Read more: Live traffic updates in Berkshire as multi-car crash closes motorway lanes

“And thank you to our guests for their understanding and compassion during this time.

“We are feeling blessed that everyone is safe and sound and we are working hard to get back fully open."