The murderers of Tilehurst 26-year-old Raheem Hanif showed ‘no remorse’, said the case’s investigating officer.

Abas Khan, aged 24, of Helmsdale Road, Reading and a 17-year-old boy from Reading were found guilty today (January 14) of murder.

Mr Hanif was stabbed to death in a car park in Dulnan Close, Tilehurst, on February 6.

Humzah Sikander, aged 18, of Brunel Road, Reading and another 17-year-old boy from Reading, were convicted of manslaughter.

Read more: Live updates as companies stand trial over death of boy, 10, in Topshop

“None of the defendants have ever shown any remorse or taken any responsibility for Raheem’s death, and I am pleased that a jury has convicted two of them of murder and two of manslaughter,” said senior investigating officer detective superintendent Stuart Bosley.

When the trial first began in November, Reading Crown Court heard how a feud emerged between Raheem Hanif and Abas Khan after the latter slept with the former’s partner in August 2020.

The defendants blocked Mr Hanif and his father in the carpark on February 6, 2021, using a range rover, before Mr Hanif was killed and his father's arm broken.

Read more: Two found guilty of murder of Tilehurst man Raheem Hanif, two guilty of manslaughter

DS Bosley continued: “This needless and tragic murder occurred amidst a background of animosity between Raheem and the defendants who were convicted.”

He continued: “I would like to pay tribute to Raheem’s family and friends for their dignity and courage throughout the course of this investigation.

“I know that no sentence will bring solace to Raheem’s family and friends, I hope that they will be able to move on with their lives in the knowledge that those responsible for his death will serve extremely long prison sentences as a result of their actions.

“I would like to extend my sincere condolences on behalf of Thames Valley Police to Raheem’s family and friends for their unimaginable loss.”

Abas Khan and two 17-year-olds were found guilty of one other count of GBH.

Humzah Sikander had already admitted to one count of GBH without intent.

All four defendants were found not guilty of one count of GBH with intent. 

The defendants will be sentenced at a date to be confirmed at the same court.