AN EYEWITNESS has given his account of the reported stabbing in Coley Park yesterday.

Police and ambulance crews rushed to Wensley Road just after 2pm on Wednesday, November 24 following reports of an incident in the west-Reading estate.

An air ambulance crew was also deployed to the scene, where an 18-year-old woman was given medical attention.

She was taken to hospital for treatment but her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

READ MORE: Arrest made after woman, 18, reportedly stabbed

One man was arrested following the incident and police said they believed the victim and the alleged attacker are known to each other.

Residents gathered outside the police cordon which sealed off half of Wensley Road and Lesford Road following the incident.

One man, Oliver, who has been the warden at the Coley Park tower blocks for the past three months, told the Chronicle about what he saw of the incident.

He said: “I saw her [the victim] taken into the ambulance.

“The air ambulance came down here and took her away about 45 minutes to an hour later.

“It was about 2.30pm, I was here a little later than that. That was the time it happened around then.

READ MORE: Pictures from Coley Park police incident

“I wasn’t sure what happened, and thought ‘what is going on here?’ They hadn’t closed the road at that stage.

“When I saw her taken into the ambulance I could see she was on oxygen.

“People tell you things, but when you see [it] for yourself, it's bad.

“I am the warden for the whole area. I have only been here for three months.

“It’s not excessively violent but there are issues you know, there are drug issues here and there are antisocial behavior issues but [it’s] not excessive.

“I was talking to one resident there and he said this is the first time he remembers [an incident like this] in broad daylight in 20 years.

READ MORE: All we know about Coley Park 'stabbing' as police give update on suspect

“I have certainly not seen something like this in [the] three months [as warden].”

The Reading Chronicle would like to make clear there is no suggestion that the incident is drug-related and the above account is an eyewitness’s testimony.

This morning, police said the suspect was still in custody.