Firefighters were called to a Reading vaccination centre after reports of smoke.

Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Caversham Road, Dee Road and Whitley Wood fire stations were sent to Broad Street Mall on Saturday at 11:30am.

They found a fire in a light fitting at the centre in Oxford Road using a thermal imaging camera.

Firefighters climbed ladders to access the fitting and extinguish the fire, before leaving around an hour later.

Read more: Police and council oppose 24/7 booze delivery plan

A spokesperson for the Broad Street Mall said there had been a small electrical fault on a panel in the vaccination centre.

The centre was closed and reopened on Monday.