You can now report anti-social behaviour issues in Reading to the council. 

That’s because Reading Borough Council is taking part in the rollout of an app that allows people to report issues in their neighbourhood to the authority. 

READ MORE: The roads where police have shut down houses linked to anti-social behaviour

Named ‘Reportable’, the application allows residents to send photos and reports of issues to the relevant teams at RBC.

Once received, council officers will investigate the problem.

I downloaded it to see how it works.

How do I set it up?

Download the app from the App Store if you’re on iPhone. It’s the Play Store if you’re on Android.

Next you must create an account and choose Reading Borough Council as your service provider.

READ MORE: The most reported crime in Reading town centre

You will then be asked to input your personal information, such as your name, address, contact details and more.

Finally, you will be emailed a link to confirm the creation of your account.

What can I report?

When you’re set-up, click ‘create a case’.

The app allows you to either make a report about anti-social behaviour or vehicle issues.

When you click on the anti-social behaviour tab, you get more options to choose from, including damage, street drinking, harassment and more. 

Noise complaints can be reported separately on The Noise App, a different application that focuses on this particular type of anti-social behaviour.

How do I show RBC what I’m reporting?

After choosing your category, you’ll be asked if you would like to provide pictures.

If so, you can attach a picture you have already taken or open your camera to take a new picture.

READ MORE: Closure order for Reading house after anti-social behaviour reports

If you don’t wish to attach a picture, you can skip through to the next page.

What else will I be asked?

Behind the picture attachment page is another page where you are asked a few more questions.

Here, you will be asked if the incident impacted anyone else, and if the incident has been reported to another authority.

If it has been reported to another authority, you need to provide a reference number in the boxes presented to you.

You simply need to toggle the yes/no buttons to answer these.

READ MORE: Why the council is considering ten-year housing bans for badly-behaved tenants

At the bottom of the page there is a box where you can give as much detail about the issue as you wish.

After you’ve finished doing this, click ‘next’ to be taken to the next page where you can give RBC an address for where the issue is.

Is that it?

No, there’s a few more steps.

Before you can submit your report, you will be asked two more questions.

Number one -- are you happy to be identified as the source of this report or do you wish to remain anonymous?

READ MORE: Man who carried fake shotgun in town among latest residents in the dock

Number two -- are you willing for this report to be used in court?

Once you’ve answered these questions, you will be asked if there are any last details you wish to add.

Upon completion, you will be taken to a final page where all your information is summarised and you can press a big button which says ‘submit report’.

What if I want to submit an issue involving vehicles?

Then you can do that!

When you hit ‘create a case’, you click on the ‘vehicle’ option and you get a choice of reporting either a motorbike nuisance or a vehicle nuisance.

Here, you will be asked many of the same questions as above, but you will also be asked to identify the vehicle in question.

This means you will be asked for the vehicle’s colour, registration number, any information about the driver and their appearance.

We've set up a new Facebook group where you can find all the most interesting court and crime stories from around Berkshire. 

Click the link above to join.