THE MOTHER of a man who was killed during a police chase in Reading in 2014 described him at an inquest on Monday (November 11) as a 'loved' young man who 'adored his children'.

Father-of-two Aston Mclean Williams, 28, died on August 6, 2014 when he was hit by a police car after running from officers following a 999 call.

The incident took place in the early hours of the morning on Wokingham Road.

An inquest into his death opened at Reading Coroner's Office on Monday, November 11.

READ MORE: Aston Mclean Williams inquest opens in Reading

Shortly after opening the inquest, coroner Heidi Connor read out a statement by Aston's mother Janet Williams.

Describing her son, the letter said: "He adored his children.

"He had dreams to travel with his son - that has been taken."

Ms Williams also described her son as 'fun and funny'.

"He just had a zest for life," she added.

"There is no laughter anymore.

"I still live in 2014."

READ MORE: Officers cleared of gross misconduct following death of young father

A statement written by the witness who alerted the police after seeing two men on a roof was also read to the jury.

The witness described how he had heard loud, banging noises coming from the roof of Berkshire Cycles on Wokingham Road, and how he saw Mr Mclean Williams lying down on the roof after the police arrived, as another man ran away from the area.

He said: "He slowly stood up and then suddenly darted to his right."

It is believed police then began to chase after Mr Mclean Williams before he was hit by the vehicle shortly afterwards.

CCTV footage taken from a traffic camera was shown to the jury, which shows police running after Mr Mclean Williams on foot before he fell in front of the police vehicle, which was also following after him.

CCTV operator Aaron Moss, who saw the incident unfolding through the traffic camera, said: "A call came through that there were two people on the roof of a property near Eastern Avenue and Wokingham Road in Reading."

He added: "I saw someone running up the the side of the road and then go across the road.

"I saw people chasing him.

"The police car stopped and I couldn't tell that anyone had been hit.

"A call then came through that there had been a fatality."

The inquest continues.