THESE are two people police would like to speak to after a shocking gang attack by a group of schoolchildren saw a man kicked to the ground and threatened with a blade.

The man was walking towards his car when he was confronted by a gang of up to 30 youths.

One of the the crowd threatened the victim and ordered him to hand over his tobacco and his phone.

When he refused, a young teenager, believed to have been aged between 13 and 15, pulled out a blue-handled Stanley knife and threatened to stab him.

The victim fled from Chalfont Park, Lower Earley, towards his car when he was surrounded by at least 10 of the group.

He was tripped up by a boy aged around 16 before the rest of the gang began attacking him while he was on the ground.

A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: "The victim was threatened by members of the group and told to hand over tobacco and his phone.

"When he refused, one of the offenders pulled a blue-handled Stanley knife out of a pocket while making threats to the victim.

"This person is described as a boy, aged between 13 and 15 years old, 5ft 2in tall and was wearing black clothing.

"Two other members of the group are described as a black male and a white male, both wearing beanie-style hats. One of these boys was wearing a red tracksuit top and is believed to be under 16 years old.

"As the victim got back to his car with friends, another boy grabbed him and tried to trip him up. This offender is described as 16 years old, white, of skinny build with light brown short hair.

"He was wearing a grey jumper and black jeans.

"The victim ended up on the ground and received a number of blows to his head and body. Approximately 10 people then ran away."

Following the brutal attack, on Tuesday March 27 shortly after 7pm, the young thugs then turned their rage to the victim's car, a silver Kia.

It was parked in the main car park off Chalfont Way and was badly damaged.

Police also confirmed a 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage and released under investigation.

Today (Monday), officers released CCTV images of two people they would like to talk to in connection with the investigation.

Anyone who knows them should call 101 immediately.

The terrified victim was taken to Royal Berkshire Hospital with stab wounds believed to have been inflicted with a screwdriver.

He has since been discharged.

Detective constable Paul Bentley, said: "I would like to ask anyone that might have seen a large group in the area prior to and after the incident to contact police on 101, quoting reference number 43180093466.

"I am also keen for anyone with phone footage or dash-cam footage of the incident to call 101.

"This incident could have been far worse, and it is fortunate that nobody was seriously injured.

"The local neighbourhood policing team is conducting reassurance patrols as well as working to identify who was in the park at the time of the incident."

He added: "We would like to speak to the two youths pictured, as we believe they may have important information regarding this incident."