Fridge sparks kitchen fire
A FAMILY had a lucky escape last night when their fridge caught fire.
Firefighters from Wokingham Road and Caversham Road were called to the east Reading kitchen at 8.30pm when the blaze begun and the flames started to spread to to the kitchen units.
Crews spent 90 minutes at the home in Wokingham Road, where they put out the fire and removed the fridge and freezer to make the area safe.
The parents and their two children, who had cleaned the fridge earlier in the day after returning from holiday, were not injured and were able to stay in their home.
This article appeared in Reading Chronicle 19 Aug 12