News » Roundup » Articles »

Burning hedge sparks garage fire

Published: 31 Jul 2012 10:00

THE quick actions of firefighters prevented a blaze from spreading to homes in Caversham Park Village after a hedgerow caught light.

Share this image

The fire, thought to have started when sunlight reflected off broken glass, spread to a neighbouring garage and a crew from Caversham Road fire station were called to Lowfield Road at 7.20pm on Monday and spent an hour at the scene.

Crew manager Doug Buchanan said: "We are not sure what triggered the fire, it could even have been magnification off some glass.

"It spread to a garage and caused some damage to the roof."

Jump to first paragraph.