News » Roundup » Articles »

Family flees Theale chimney fire

Published: 22 Mar 2012 09:15

A FAMILY were forced to flee their home in the early hours of this morning after a chimney fire.

Share this image

Fire crews from Dee Road and Caversham Road were called to Brunel Road in Theale at 2am to put out the fire, which had also spread to the lounge and kitchen.

Crew manager Steve Andrews said firefighters were at the incident for about an hour and added: "Luckily the family of six had smelt the smoke and got themselves out before we arrived."

Jump to first paragraph.