AN INCENSE burner that fell into a child's crib is thought to have sparked a house fire in Basingstoke Road.

The family had evacuated when firefighters arrived at 6.10 this morning.

Fire fighter Billy Taylor from Wokingham Road station said three pumps and an ambulance had rushed to the scene.

"The fire started in what we think was the upstairs bedroom," he said.

"There was mostly smoke damage but a little bit of fire damage."

The crews used breathing apparatus and hose reels to extinguish the fire.